Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

My Favorite White Wines for Spring

I like red wine with my dinner.  Who am I kidding, I like red wine for lunch, appetizers, or snacks too. I had decided I did not like white wine. White wine (any white wine) was my drink of choice for my sophisticated collegiate palette.  I think I wore it out. Craig and I recently went to Napa. Early on at our wine tastings, I announced, "I no longer love white wine, but I'm willing to try."  I was wrong.  Our friends in Napa would try a glass of white in lieu of a cocktail, then turn to red for the main course.  After hours of tastings and re-training of my palette, I conceded.  I actually like white wine.  Luckily, I found a few favorites that are also easy on the budget.  It's nice to have white wine on hand for friends or for a warm day.  It's also nice to have economical options if white isn't all you drink but offers a sweet treat during spring and summer.  Here are some of my suggestions: 

via
via
via

I've always been a red wine drinker but found these whites enjoyable.  If you're looking for a change with the warm weather, don't be afraid to expand your palette.  Taste it, tell me what you think.


3 comments:

  1. Will you post the names and types on the labels? I would love to try them, but I can't read them. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Sara! They are all Sauvignon Blancs! The links below each photo will take you to a site that gives more information on each. Some include tasting notes, retail locations, or ways to order! I hope this helps!

      Delete