Pages

Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring Sunday Supper Success!


As promised, today I’m sharing the rest of the SpringSunday Supper!  We started the meal with these Sugar Lemon Rosemary Scones.  They. Were. Delicious! 
via
I went out on a limb and served them with sliced ham.  They were tasty with or without.  If you’re hosting or attending an Easter brunch these turned out to be fantastic little appetizers.  They were simple and can be made through step 1 the night before!  For the main meal we enjoyed shrimp and grits two ways.  It was my first foray into shrimp and grits and quite honestly, I was intimidated.  I decided to give this shrimp and grits pie a go. 


I was nervous it would be a bust so I also made Gruyere cheese grits.  I went a little off script with these, but here is a recipe that is similar.  No shrimp and grits would be complete without a few pieces of bacon on top.  Or is that just me? We prepared some chopped bacon and set aside.  Then, we sautéed the shrimp in the bacon drippings.  It’s hard to mess up anything cooked in bacon grease. The dinner was a hit but the crowd was split. Some preferred the Gruyere grits. Others favored the grit pie.  Bottom line: I was intimidated, but I pressed through.  For those of you who think you can’t cook. Get in there, invite some friends over. Close friends. Or try the recipe out for yourself.  If all else fails a pizza is just a phone call away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment