Pages

Monday, March 30, 2015

How To Curl Your Hair

Some things never change. This weekend my girlfriends and I found ourselves packed into my bathroom doing each other’s hair as we got ready for dinner.  There are three bathrooms in my house but it felt most normal to all be packed into one gabbing as we put on makeup and fixed our hair.  Before we headed out earlier that day, Saturday morning I had curled my hair.  My friend Lindsey loved the ‘do’ and wanted to learn how I got the look.  to get her hair to look similar.  I shared my secrets with her and will share them with you.  Admittedly, my friend Grace taught me how to curl my hair and I had to practice.  Many a ponytail was worn after attempting to get the perfect curl.  Here’s how to get that wavy, beachy look. 


Step 1:  Using at 1 ½ inch curling iron place a large section of your hair and clip the curling iron near the crown of your head, facing away from your face.  


Step 2:  Slide the curling iron down your hair slightly loosening the clip allowing you to move down your hair, curling as you go.  The hair should be wrapping around the curling iron still relatively close to your head instead of moving down the hair away from your head.


Step 3: Once you’ve gotten to the end of your hair and it’s curled around the curling iron, hold the hair for 2-3 seconds.  

Step 4: Loosen the clip just enough to pull the curling iron out of your hair.  I pull it down to my shoulders trying to allow the curl to hold

Step 5: Spray your hair with hair spray.  You can do this after each curl or when you've finished curling your entire head. 

Step 6: Tossle your hair to loosen and combine the various curls allowing the beachy wavy look

2 comments:

  1. Looks great but I would have enjoyed a video tutorial more...just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marge did have a fantastic videographer that day ;) Post the vid!

    ReplyDelete