Pages

Friday, February 6, 2015

It's the Freaking Weekend(er)


Are you an organized and efficient traveler?  Or are you are you all over the place?  Do you prefer the aisle or window?  Are you ready to go the night before?  You learn a lot about someone when you travel with them.  Early in January, I looked at Craig and declared - "2014 is the year of travel!!" He was both shocked and frightened by my announcement. Travel isn't necessarily his thing. We made some great, and not so great memories (See, NYC for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.  See also, missing your flight home from California. Being rerouted through DC on Sunday night.  Getting home Monday morning at 8a.  Being at work by 930a.)  My mom always taught me to dress up when I traveled.  I've always focused on my travel outfit to ensure I looked nice and felt comfortable.  I believe that your carry-on says as much about you as how you dress.  For many of my travels I would shove everything into my trusty Vera Bradley.  Quite honestly, I'm not sure what my 1997 Vera Bradley bag says about me, but the ‘Elizabeth’ never let me down.  I can't help but think some girls saw me carrying that bag and were taken right back to high school.  Ahh...memories.  It wasn't until a tragic brush with security and a ripped bag that I realized it's time for a new bag.  I've grown up,and my ‘weekender’ should too.  I set out on the search for the perfect ‘weekender’ bag.  I did my research and paid close attention to what my friends were carrying. As a result, my ‘weekender' bag has grown up. Here are a few of my favorites:


Joanna Goddard introduced me to this bag in her gift guide part #6 for your gorgeous best friend who texts every morning, holds your hand in scary elevators and sneaks wine into movies.  Note:  If you don't follow A Cup of Jo - start today!



One of my real life best friends, Quinn, showed up for a weekend at my house with this bag!



My bestie Laura has been traveling efficiently before traveling efficiently was cool - she recommends this bag



Have an amazing weekend!

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! Love my weekender. Just came across this one...The weekender bag in stripes from Saturday.com.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love a good bag! I just ordered a similar one to the J. mc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great ideas! Brian has recommended on more than one occasion that I need to upgrade my 'big' bag. These are all calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great ideas! Brian has recommended on more than one occasion that I need to upgrade my 'big' bag. These are all calling my name!

    ReplyDelete