Pages

Friday, February 27, 2015

Hostess Gift Suggestions!


It won't be long before I’m heading to Texas for some much needed girl time! Every February we get together for a girls trip with my college friends.  This year we’re heading to a friend’s ranch outside of Dallas.  In an effort to make my mom and Emily Post proud, I made sure that we had a gift for the hosts as a way to say thank you for having us to their ranch.  Hosts’ gifts don’t have to be elaborate or expensive.  Instead, they are a way to say thank you for opening up your house or having us over for dinner.  With a little thought you can come up with the perfect hostess present for any occasion.  Here are some of my favorites that I have received or given recently:

As a thank you for a recent trip to our hunting lodge, Laura and JJ Wright gave us this book centered around SundaySuppers.  Think about giving a decorating or entertaining book that the hostess can relate to.

One of my favorite housewarming gifts is a guest book for the new home.  I’m particularly partial to this one that I have in my own guest bedroom.  You Nashville folks can pick one up at White’s Mercantile.


These personalized fireplace grates are the perfect gifts for friends or families who have invited you somewhere for a longer stay. 

Every year we host a Friendsgiving.  Someone brought us this gravy ladle as a hosts’ gift the first year and we’ve used it every year since.

I love anything local when going to visit out-of-towners.  I’ve traveled with Nashville coffee, local chocolate bars, and other Nashville goodies. This Sunday Morning Pancake Mix is always a crowd favorite!  Taking local gifts allows you to bring some of your home to thank them for letting you into theirs. 



Heading somewhere soon?  Be sure to pick out the perfect hostess gift to say thank you!



2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE your blog and look forward to each post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily!! So glad to know you're reading! I love feedback so keep the comments coming!

      Delete