Pages

Monday, February 16, 2015

Sunday Suppers


I don’t know what it is about Sunday nights but I start to get the blues.  My weekend, which I had looked so forward to, is now coming to an end over.  The work week is starting again and it’s t-minus 5 days until the weekend.  I decided that this is no way to end the weekend or start off the week.  Something had to change.  Inspired by this woman’s effort to break out of busy, I called my friend Laura to discuss my plans. She lives just down the street with her husband JJ, one of Craig’s best friends.  What if we start a “Sunday Supper?”  We can start making this a tradition our kids will one day remember.  She thought it was a great idea.  We agreed on a few stipulations to keep it loose and interesting:

  • We would have dinner every Sunday alternating homes each week.
  • The goal is to try something new. Try new recipes.  It’s a “test kitchen.” 
  • If you don’t have time to cook, we’re not above takeout.
  • Come as you are. Running clothes. No makeup, no problem. 


It’s meant to be a way to get together, talk about your weekend, and take your mind off of the upcoming week.  It’s been a fun tradition so far that I’m hoping continues for years to come.  Do you have new traditions that you hope continue?  Do you have other weekly traditions that have been going on for quite some time?

Homemade Ravioli at Sunday Supper

2 comments:

  1. Love this! Have had a supper club going for almost 6 years now! We do it monthly....especially post-babies, it has been SO important to me to reconnect with my girlfriends. Can you post the ravioli recipe?? I've always wanted to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. supper clubs are great! I will get you the recipe...in full disclosure, that was the Wright's meal!

      Delete