Pages

Friday, February 20, 2015

Next Stop, CA!


It’s Friday!  This cold weather has me dreaming of summer vacation.  I mentioned previously that Craig and I declared 2014 the year of travel!  We spent a long weekend in Napa earlier this year and right now I wish I could go back.   We ate and drank our way through the Napa Valley!  We stayed at the Napa Valley Railway Inn.  It was an inexpensive option located centrally in Yountville.  It was the perfect location as we could walk to lots of good restaurants and other local vineyards.  Planning a trip to Napa soon?  Here are some suggestions of places to eat and things to do!



Food: As I mentioned, we ate and drank our way through Napa.  Here are some of my favorites!

Wine:  One of the best things we did was a wine tour.  We had several suggestions including Small Lot Wine Tours, and Flex Wine Tours.  The nice part about a wine tour is their ability to customize the day for you! I recommend splitting tastings.  Craig and I split a tasting for one and had more than enough.  It can turn into a long day!

Vineyards:  We were able to walk and drive to a handful of vineyards throughout the Napa Valley.  I would recommend the vineyards below:

            Laird Family Estate
            Artesa Vineyards and Winery
            Cakebread Cellars




Last but not least, pick up a wine-checking box so you can pack and check your wine for your flight home.  Most of the vineyards sell these boxes.  Make sure you get to the airport with plenty of time to check your wine. If you don’t allow yourself enough time you just may end up missing your flight (getting re-routed through DC for a few hours of sleep and flying out Monday morning in time to get back to Nashville for work.  Don’t ask.)!!  Another option is shipping.  Most vineyards will ship your wine back home for a fee.  All in the name of wine!

Have you been to Napa?  What were your favorite spots? 

No comments:

Post a Comment