Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Like A Girl


“There is a special place in hell for women who don't help other women." 
            
- Madeline Albright

Image courtesy of Google


Did you watch the Superbowl?  It was a great game.  Bonus:  it was a Katy Perry concert wrapped up with some good commercials too.  What else could we ask for on a Sunday in February?   


But, my favorite commercial of the night was the Always #LikeAGirl commercial. I loved the message it was sending to little girls and little boys.  I grew up going to an all-girls school.  My parents were divorced, so I spent a lot of my time with my mom.  I saw firsthand what it meant to be a hard working woman. I was always taught both at home and at school, that there was nothing we, as women, couldn’t do!  I love spending time with other women learning about their lives, their passions, their struggles.  Whether they are a stay at home mom, a single girl out on the town, or a working woman working 9 to 5 (more like 7 to 7), we all have something to learn from one another.  For that reason, I’ll be asking the important women in my life what they would go back and tell their 20 year old self. I asked myself, how would I advise my 20 year old self? What would I say?  For one thing, I would tell myself that life is short.  Get out there and explore. Find role models and seek advice - we've all been where you've been so just admit that you don't know it all. Your decisions aren’t earth shattering and everything happens for a reason.  Everything.  You may not see it in the moment but there is a path and there is a plan, enjoy the ride!

1 comment:

  1. I loved that commercial too and the quote you used. Can't wait to learn from the women you feature!

    ReplyDelete