Pages

Monday, February 9, 2015

B-L-D Repeat


It’s Monday!  Are you ready for the week or are you counting down the days until Friday? How do you prepare for the week?  Every Sunday I prepare for the week by finalizing my weekly grocery list.  I use a yearly planner that allows me to break out each meal by day. There are other great resources available online.
                                            


I break down each day by breakfast, lunch, and dinner (B-L-D) and list the groceries by, wait for it, grocery sections.  Yep.  This last step is a crucial one as it dramatically cuts down the back and forth in the grocery store.  I would love to say that I’m really organized and it’s just the way I am. But if I’m being honest, I developed the B-L-D list out of necessity.  When I was single and living off one income I couldn’t afford to go out to eat every night.  I built my grocery list ensuring that I used similar ingredients in multiple meals.  Not only did this help me save money on groceries but it also forced me to think outside the box. Instead of cooking for one I always planned to cook for two allowing for leftovers or last minute drop in’s from friends.  Now that I’m married, the menu planning provides an opportunity for Craig and me to discuss the upcoming week and plan meals we can cook together.  

What about you?  Do you have any specific things you do each weekend to get ready for the week ahead or do you just jump right in and see where it goes?

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I absolutely cannot begin my week without first filling in my week in my planner. If I have upcoming appointments, birthdays, meetings, etc, I put that in my phone calendar and then the weekend before a new week starts, I fill in my planner for that week along with daily to do lists for each day of the week. It's one of my most fave things to do every weekend. As for groceries, I keep a loose piece of paper in my planner and add to it as I see new items come up that I need to grab. I keep a Target list and a Grocery store list. Ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also organize my list by grocery section!!!! haha It's really the only way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me to get organized!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are way more organized than me! Great ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously. This made me realize just how unorganized I am. Great motivation for me!

    ReplyDelete