Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Bunches and Bunches of Flowers!


I love having fresh flowers around the house.  It’s a simple way to spruce up the house. Fresh flowers is also a simple way to bring the outdoors in and bring something organic into your house.   This doesn’t have to break the bank as you can start with flowers from your local grocery store.  This week I picked up three bunches at Trader Joes for only $12.00.  



I always buy in bunches of three.  I believe in decorating and floral arrangements you should always have an uneven number.  Look for a foundation, a filler, and a flair when buying my flowers.  One flower should be the foundation flower; something substantial that allows you to fill most of the vase.  The filler goes next taking up the rest of the vase.  Last but not least I add some flair! To get started you can look for flower bunches similar to the ones I bought.  Over the years, I’ve collected various vases of different sizes. You can use something as simple as a glass jar.  So, grab a vase and get started!  Play around with the flowers until you get an arrangement you like!  It’s art.  There’re no wrong answers!




No comments:

Post a Comment