Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Oh Baby! Dr. Seuss Themed Baby Shower!


I admit.  I’ve been holding out on y’all a bit.  You should know that party planning really is my number one passion.  So when I get an excuse to host a party I am all in! My friend Quinn recently had the world’s most precious boy, Roy.  Prior to his arrival, a few of us got together to host a shower for the Mom to be.  Quinn is a librarian and a natural born reader so we decided that a Dr. Seuss theme would be ideal.  I think having a theme helps to focus your party ideas.  You don’t have to go overboard on themed party pieces but it does help to set you on the right track.  The first thing I do when I plan a party is head straight to Google.  Often times I will find images or quotes that will give me inspiration for fun things to incorporate into the party.  For Roy’s shower we introduced the theme with a Dr. Seuss invitation mailed to guest’s homes.  

Via
Think of invitations as your opportunity to make your party’s first impression.  You only get one chance.  So many people are skipping the snail-mailed paper invitation these days, opting instead for evites, or an email.  I beg you, don’t skip the invitation.  There are so many inexpensive resources out there these days that will allow you to do invitations on the cheap.  More on that later. Once guests arrived we had themed Dr. Seuss foods and decorations based on various Dr. Seuss characters.  Guests could choose from Thing 1/Thing 2 Cupcakes, Poodles Noodles (Pasta Salad), Cat in the Hat Skewers (banana and strawberry kabobs), Green Eggs (deviled eggs) and Ham (mini ham sandwiches), and other Dr. Seuss themed goodies. 



Via

The bar is a critical component of a party. We served brunch themed drinks at Roy's baby shower and were sure to include a non alcoholic drink for the mom to be!


Via

As a thank you for “popping by” we provided guests with bags of popcorn on their way out. The tags read "Oh me! Oh my! Thanks for Popping by!" The party was a success and ‘Thing 1’ arrived on August 27th!  




We didn’t want to leave Roy out so we made sure everyone signed his birthday book with a special note about his arrival.  The party was a success and ‘Thing 1’ arrived on August 27th!  

2 comments: