Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Caramel Croutons: How To


Sunday afternoon we had some friends over to celebrate Easter.  I love Easter.  We start the day with sunrise service in the garden at our church.   It’s a beautiful setting.  After a quick breakfast and a nap, we spend the rest of the afternoon preparing a meal for friends.  Friday I shared my plans for Sunday Supper.  Then, I saw this Instagram post from Food and Wine about a dessert they made while testing new dishes.  There was no recipe.  There was only a photo and a short blurb.  I couldn’t get it off my mind.  It looked delicious and seemed too easy not to try.  Am I right?
via
I can slice a strawberry and I know how to whip cream. The only thing I had to figure out was the croutons.  Enter my friend Google. I found a recipe for caramelized croutons and I they did not disappoint.  These were simple to make and could be made ahead of time.  I sliced some strawberries and topped it all off with homemade whipped cream.  Homemade whipped cream is one of the easiest things to make and one of the most impressive things to guests.  The dessert was light and tasty and reminded me of my mom’s strawberry shortcake but with half the hassle.  If you’re looking for an easy dessert for the summer and spring months, you’ve found it.  I have to imagine there’s a chocolate treat these would be a nice addition to as well. Maybe I’ll try it out and let you know how it goes.  In the meantime, caramelize those croutons and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment