Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Deviled Eggs: How To


According to my friend Ashley, there are 3 things any southern woman should know how to do.  Write a thank you note.  Drink good bourbon straight.  Make a solid deviled egg.  Y’all know I love a bourbon.  And thank you notes are a must.  Somehow I missed the life lesson on making deviled eggs. After sampling deviled eggs across town at several restaurants in Nashville, I was inspired. With Easter coming up I decided I needed to face this challenge head on and learn how to make a solid deviled egg.  I knew the perfect person to call.  Ashley, a foodie herself (and married to a chef) headed over last night to share her tips and tricks for making the perfect deviled egg.  She shared the details from our deviled egg extravaganza today on her blog.  It’s been over a year since she’s flexed her blog muscles but today she’s sharing her secrets on how to make a great deviled egg.  Head on over and check out all of her tasty recipes.  You can thank me later.  As for the deviled eggs, my personal favorites include a deviled egg with pimento cheese topped with bacon.  I was also a fan of the deviled egg with pickled okra in lieu of pickles.  Once you have the basics, possibilities are endless.  If you’re heading to a friend’s for Easter brunch, whip up a plate of deviled eggs, but think outside the box.  The various tastes of deviled eggs will be sure to be a conversation starter!


1 comment:

  1. deviled egg + pimento cheese + bacon sounds ridiculous!! I am definitely going to try that!

    ReplyDelete