Pages

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Build a Bar: Pallet

When you’re renovating a house, you have to be prepared to take the good with the bad. There is dust everywhere.  Loud noises all day long.  Displacement from routine.  The jobsite can be messy, including piles of discarded building materials that seemly never make it into the dumpster.  Scrap lumber, piles of broken brick, and trash.  I had a day off during construction and noticed some wood pallets laying against the back fence.  It was a slow day on the site. I had pinned and re-pinned this bar on Pintrest and decided to give it a go.  

via
I grabbed the pallets and began discussing my plan with my contractor and Craig.  Once we talked through the scheme, I set off on building.  I sweet talked the fellas into helping with the project (I even got to wear the toolbelt for a photo shoot with the finished product). I measured (twice), cut (once), and assembled.  All you need is a circular saw, a drill, and a few wood screws. A few short hours later, I had myself a finished pallet bar.   I absolutely love how it turned out.  It’s the perfect addition to our parties!  

Craig through together a rough sketch of the bar that we built. Disclaimer: you may need to tweak a few things here or there depending on the actual pallets, but this should give you the idea.  For example, we added a shelf in the back to keep the bar from racking (moving side to side for us lay people). It’s an easy way to make a statement piece.  It’s lightweight and can be moved around to wherever it’s needed.  Get out your power tools and get to building.  Once you’re finished sit back, crack open a beer and admire your work!



2 comments:

  1. Will my bar be put together if I just stand there with my hands in my pockets? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you just come build mine for me? :-)

    ReplyDelete