Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Guestroom Essentials

As I mentioned yesterday, I am having a much needed girl's weekend with some of my oldest friends.  This is the first set of house guests that will be enjoying the two guest rooms in the old part of the house.  Now that we have more space and a place for guests to spread out and relax, I want to be sure they have everything they need.  In between the two bedrooms is an awkward little hallway.  I've never really known what to do with it.  Then it hit me. This is the perfect spot for a "guest station" complete with everything they might need for the weekend. 

I searched Pinterest to get some ideas.  I started with the basics.  Towels, water, washcloths.  I bought a cookie jar and filled it with all travel sized toiletries I picked up at Target.  If you travel, there are often great samples in your hotel.  If you don't use them, bring them home to make available for your guests.  Boutique hotels often times have local shampoos, conditioners, and lotions that would be a perfect addition to your guest station! In addition to the basics I added some water bottles and magazines for guests to have for the weekend.  

I also added a framed note including our wireless account and password so guests can access wifi if needed.  Hopefully this station will help my guests feel right at home and have everything they need.  I'm certain there is something I have forgotten. If you don't have a small hallway you can easily place a small basket at the end of the bed or fill a portable cart that can be put in the guest room when needed.  It doesn't take more than a little time and planning to make guests feel right at home.

2 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest thing ever! Can't wait to hear all about your weekend. So thoughtful, Marge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When ppl visit us, I have purchased those little foldable tourist maps with our location circled just in case they venture out on their own :-)

    ReplyDelete