Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2016

Turkish T Curtains

Last year, Craig and I turned our original bedroom into an office/study.  I wanted it to be a room we could use day-to-day but still offer a space for guests.  I wanted the room to be welcoming while evoking the feel of an intimate library in an older home. Hoping to make the room the perfect juxtaposition between handsome and beautiful, as it would serve as an office for both Craig and me. To get there, I painted the room a high gloss brown.  Some of my favorite browns are Fallen Timber and Coriander Seed from Benjamin Moore. The high gloss was a recommendation from one of my favorite Memphis designers, Lauren Patterson.  It really gives the walls a little extra dimension and depth that you don't typically see.  

With the room painted such a strong statement color, I knew I wanted lighter, less defined curtains.  And, I was on a budget.  I couldn't land on any fabric that had the relaxed feel for which I was looking.  I happened to be out shopping with friends when I saw this Cabana Beach Towel by Turkish T and decided it would be the perfect fabric for my guest room window shades.  
via
The decision was made. I picked up two, one for each window, and called my "curtain lady."  We decided on roman shades, keeping the original tassels at the bottom for the relaxed feel.  Originally, we actually decided to make them "relaxed' (arched) roman shades.  We then decided that the arched look didn't work at all.  Full disclosure, we all make mistakes.  We went back to a classic roman shade and in the end I am so pleased with the way they turned out.  They are an affordable alternative that provided the perfect feel for the room!  Stay tuned for more details on the rest of the room!



No comments:

Post a Comment