Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Devil's in the details! Menu Cards

You have read a lot about one of my favorite hobbies, interior decorating. The other passion I pursue? Party planning. There is something so special about planning a celebration for your friends or family. It can be a lot of work, but just do it. Nothing shows someone how much you care like throwing them a party. 

This hot weather has me wishing for colder weather. There's nothing I love more than fall, more specifically, parties in the fall. This past year I hosted one of my most memorable parties, my husband's 40th birthday celebration. When hosting a party, it's important to factor in the guest of honor's personality and things they love most. My husband's a good Kentucky boy who loves his Bourbon, so a theme came easy. My favorite part was the menu, one I called "The Good Stuff" -- a delicious Southern meal of BBQ ribs, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, salad (for good measure) and a flowing bourbon bar. True to the guest of honor, this theme doubled as a delicious party success on a cold night. 

 

As a fun added touch, I asked my mother-in-law to send me various pictures from throughout my husband's life. They incorporated friends and family members throughout his life, many who attended the party. What a fun way for these friends from different phases of his life to connect on such a special occasion. Everyone once in a while, and probably more frequently than we do, a special person deserves a special party, one custom made for them. When hosting your next party, for a milestone or for no reason at all, always add a special touch. It makes for a party you and your guest of honor will never forget. 



No comments:

Post a Comment