Pages

Monday, May 30, 2016

Meat & Cheese

I always love having people over.  Almost to a fault. I could be exhausted and just want to curl up on my couch when something takes over.  Five minutes later I’ve invited my six closest friends over for dinner.  Generally, this is how the scenario plays out: 

Me: “Craig, I’m so tired.”
Craig: “I know, me too.”

Two minutes pass

Me: “Should we have whosywhatsy over for dinner?”
Craig: “Up to you.”
Me: “Great, I’ll call them.”

These last minute invitations have forced me to get creative and figure out how to host a dinner party while exerting as little energy as possible.  Although I may be tired, I wouldn’t want my guests to get any indication their presence wasn’t the most important part of our day. 

Last week we hosted some friends for dinner. Instead of a big meal with various components we threw together a beautiful charcuterie plate from which everyone could snack.  It took less than 15 minutes to pull together and it took even less time to clean up.  If you’re hosting last minute guests this weekend and need an idea for a meal, this is perfect.  All you will need is a large serving piece, good friends, and drinks.  Always.  Here are some good options for the perfect plate.


Cheese: I serve like I decorate, always with uneven numbers.  Start with three:
  • Brie
  • Blue
  • Goat
  • Manchego
  • Parmesan
  • Gouda
  • Havarti
Meats:
  • Pepperoni
  • Proscuitto
  • Salami
Served With:
  • Crackers (I prefer Waters table crackers)
  • Breadsticks
  • French bread slices
  • Nut thins

     Accouterments:
  • Strawberries
  • Blackberries
  • Olives
  • Marcona Almonds
  • My Favorite Nut Mix
  • Honey
  • Jelly
  • Dijon Mustard





No comments:

Post a Comment