Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Butter, Mayo, or Both?!?

Butter, mayo, or both?!? That is the question when ordering your lobster rolls.  

A few weeks back I posted all about our trip to Hidden Pond! What I didn't share was that Craig and I ate our weight in lobster rolls.  After a trip, Craig and I love to attempt to cook a favorite recipe from our travels and share it with friends.  I knew after our trip to Maine we should learn to put together a lobster roll.  A little timid, I stumbled upon this super simple lobster roll recipe  from one of my favorite bloggers, Joanna Goddard. If you don't live near the ocean, you can get lobster shipped in, find a local fish market, or run to Whole Foods.  Letting the lobster rolls be the star of the show, and wanting to keep things simple, I served fries on the side.  

With the menu decided, it was time to set the table.  I picked up these red and white gingham napkins at Pier One Imports.  Here's an easy way to create a nice presentation for your utensils:  1) fold them half lengthwise,  2)  fold the top flap down one third from the top (towards the bottom), 3) fold over, in thirds, from left to right, creating a pocket for the silverware.  This is a simple and fun way to dress up your table for guests!  



For easy clean up, I spread newspaper across the table. In addition to the napkins, I grabbed these adorable fry baskets which will likely find their way onto many a table going forward.  The lobster rolls sat in the middle on a cutting board for everyone to grab and eat as they liked.   

This meal was super easy and can be fun for friends! Think outside the box when you're entertaining, it doesn't have to be fancy but guests will know when you have put in a little effort! Enjoy, butter, mayo, definitely both!


No comments:

Post a Comment